Urinary tract infections, as noted above, can be localized in different organs of our body, this should be treated with special care and precision to follow the doctor’s recommendations regarding the appropriate treatment. And besides, at home, we can quite independently alleviate the condition and accelerate the process of restoring the normal functioning of the body, adhering to a balanced diet that can provide our body with antioxidants, vitamins and other beneficial substances that have antibacterial properties. Here is infection we are faced with – the urethra: This type of infection is called urethritis; it is localized in the channel which urine is excreted through. This is a very common phenomenon.
What causes a bladder infection?
As NIDDK says, for starting infecting of the urinary stream, it is enough not to comply with one of the main factors:
- Personal hygiene.
- Private changing of various partners.
- Neglect general health.
Infection triggers inflammation in the time of the fall of immunity activity or the presence of active provocation. The main causes of inflammation:
- frequent sexual intercourse, even with a regular partner;
- anal kind of sex;
- the use of methods of protection, irritating the mucous membrane of the ureters;
- intake of certain birth control pills;
- getting E. coli (candidiasis);
- uncontrolled and unjustified acceptance of any group of antibiotics;
- diabetes of any kind;
- genital infection.
Who is at risk for a bladder infection?
Pain may occur due to medical treatment. Even chemical, thermal burns can harm bladder. Men can also have pain in the bladder, but the causes of pain may be different. It most often occurs in violation of the sexual or excretory system, which causes frequent urination and discomfort in the urethra. It also provokes kidney stones, or inflammation. In such cases, there are minor symptoms:
- increased temperatures turning into a fever.
They need to pay attention – this will help to quickly make a diagnosis and begin treatment. It is best to undergo a full examination, in which to determine whether there is a cluster of stones in the kidney. Factors that cause delays are different: it may be pathology or an infection, virus.
What are the symptoms of bladder infection?
Symptoms depend on how infection began to develop. There are two options: downward and upward. In the first case inflammation begins with the lower bodies that are the most common option. When descending ones are affected, first infection goes on kidney, and then the infection is below the bladder. When inflamed, it is important not to miss the first signs. Some at first have a pain in the side; others will just feel fever and general deterioration, others will have only substantial temperature, but without pain. Therefore, summarizing cystitis, urethritis and pyelonephritis, we can display the following symptoms` algorithm:
- pain during sexual intercourse or after it;
- discomfort when urinating;
- burning sensation and itching;
- the appearance of blood in the urine;
- frequent urge, a feeling of incomplete emptying;
- pungent smell of urine and discoloration;
- severe pain or cramps in the groin;
- pain in the process of urination;
- fever or easy chills.
Usually the appearance of cystitis or urethritis is not accompanied by high temperature. Even rarer can be vomiting and other signs of intoxication. However, may appear the temperature to 39 degrees, the patient may vomit. It says that the poisoning level is considerably high. But this can be said about the temperature of renal colic or the passage of a stone. In the latter case we are talking about the life of the patient, because some stones can cause blockage of the urinary tract and cause death.
How is a bladder infection diagnosed?
Examination of the patient starts the same in any case: giving blood and urine. This is necessary in order to accurately see the level of white blood cells, protein level, and whether it is in urine. If the patient is not in serious condition, he should pass the urine culture. This is the most accurate way to determine the infection resistance to different groups of antibiotics. This method is often used if there are signs of inflammation, and the blood and urine didn`t show the desired result. It occurs during infection of sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia.
There can be additionally taken a scraping from the genital organs that let accurately identify the sources and assign the correct treatment. With the US they spend an additional diagnosis of internal pelvic organs. This diagnostic is a standard for any clinic. However, everything is decided by the patient. For example, in some cases, the urine gives oiled result or the patient generally cannot pass it. Then is assigned the use of a catheter, or the doctor makes a preliminary diagnosis. And validation of this diagnosis is determined by other means, for example, using intravenous urography. These research methods do not limit opportunities of urologists. In urology there is mass of tools to accurately set even the most latent infection. Today, the level of preparedness of some experts is criminally low.
How is a bladder infection treated?
In the treatment of infections is important one: no self treating. Most often is assigned antibiotic therapy, For more complex types or bacteria`s stability to treatment, is allowed to combine methods. Detailed treatment is given on the figures. Pay attention to diet to minimize the intake of salts. Maximum fluid flow – is the main one of the treatment steps. There may be any drink, but it is particularly useful to take cranberry juice or broth briar. These berries have a maximum collection of useful vitamins; they give a mild diuretic effect.
Moreover, it allows avoiding a special receiving of diuretic, which not only wash away the toxins and nutrients. If you have kidney stones, which can trigger the infection, is getting the possibility of splitting or removing non-operational way. But it all depends on the type, the size of the stones themselves.
Almost in 100% of cases in the treatment of illness cannot do without antibiotics (fluoroquinolones group, cephalosporins). To reduce the signs of inflammation and pain for the purpose of pain relief NSAIDs are appointed. The drugs of plant origin can help lift the spasm and also reduce inflammation. Vitamins will increase the body’s resistance to infections. In case of chronic illness is needed the physiotherapy.
- Chamomile is deservedly considered one of the best natural remedies for the treatment of urinary tract infections. It includes antibacterial compounds that greatly speed up the healing process. In addition, we must not forget that the chamomile – it is also a powerful cleansing agent. Thus, it helps by urine bring the body of various harmful substances and bacteria.
- Cranberry juice is another very effective and, above all, completely natural means to solve the problem of urinary tract infections. Because cranberry is able to cope with the harmful bacteria that “attach” to the walls of the bladder, and contributes to the strengthening, and the berry protects us from other diseases.
- To facilitate its state in the case of urinary tract infection is well suited as an ordinary baking soda, and lemon juice.
4. When it comes to the fight against urinary tract infections, do not forget about pineapple. This is one of the best fruits for removal of inflammation and elimination of pathogenic bacteria. Thanks to a substance called bromelain significantly accelerates the healing process, so try to eat in a day for 3 or 4 slices of fresh pineapple.